If a restaurant offers Breaded Mushroom for a starter, it's definitely what I'm getting.The first time I had it, I immediately told myself, I should learn how to cook such. To my delight it is a very simple recipe to get familiar with. Just five to six ingredients and you're all set to deep fry.
I know, deep frying is not the healthiest method of cooking. But with the right oil and temperature, deep frying can make a delicious and healthy meal. I posted a different blog about this, just go to the following link for more tips. Oil for Deep Frying
|Breaded Mushroom by Lutoninanay.net|
Prep: 10 minutes
Cooking: 15 - 30 minutes
300 grams button mushrooms
300 grams plain flour
300 grams bread crumbs
4 medium eggs (beaten and lightly seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
500 ml Sunflower Oil for Deep Frying
- Using a kitchen towel, clean the mushrooms thoroughly.
- In a big bowl season the flour, toss the cleaned mushrooms. Then coat them in beaten eggs. Finally, coat in breadcrumbs. (In seasoning always trust your own taste buds. Meaning adjust the salt and pepper to your liking.)
- In a deep heavy-bottomed pan, heat 500 ml of Sunflower oil. Keep in mind that the temperature should be 176-190°C (350-375°F) before you start frying.
- Deep fry the coated mushrooms until they are golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the oil and drain on kitchen towels.
- Serve the mushrooms with garlic sauce.
Be extra cautious in taking your first bite. The juice coming out of the mushroom can be very hot. It scalded my tongue always. :)
Enjoy every bite and remember sharing is caring.